A polymathic and inimitable leader, startup mentor, advisor, co-founder, board member, investor, and journalist. Now enjoying an encore career after 25 years as a real estate broker, certified residential appraiser and litigation expert witness in New York and Los Angeles. Born and raised in Rochester, NY the youngest son of a chemist and aquatic entomologist Charles R. Barr, Sr. who retired from an illustrious career at Eastman Kodak, Co. as Corporate Director of Information Services with over 200 US Patents to his name including the discovery of the drug which virtually eradicated the disease leprosy from mankind in 1947 as well as two patents that went to the Moon with Neil Armstrong in 1969. A tough act to follow to be sure!
- Founder & Chairman of Boardroom Advisory Services
- Founder & Executive Director of the Startup Hive Incubator
- CEO & Group Publisher at SGB Media Group
- Co-Founder & Managing Partner of CrowdPad (acquired by Private family trust in 2015)
- President & CEO of American Residential Appraisers (acquired by Coldwell Banker Commercial, CBC in 1996)
- Advisor to 63 startups over the past 6 years as listed on Angel List.
- Fox News Real Estate & Crowdfunding Commentator.
- Featured columnist on many news media outlets such as Vator.tv, Efactor.com, Social Media Today, Meddle.it, Quora.com, Scoop.it and well as a portfolio of over 40 proprietary digital publications in syndication.
An early adopter, proponent, and advocate of cryptocurrencies, the blockchain, and Segwit2x technologies I am now consulting with companies wishing to fundraise via Initial Coin Offerings (ICO’s) Crowdsale campaigns. Also publisher of The Crowdfunding Times.
Personal interests include USSA Masters Level Alpine Ski Racing, Speed Skiing, Tennis, Bicycle Touring and restoring vintage houses, cars & guitars.
USAF honorably discharged and decorated veteran having served in the elite, top secret, multinational 548th Reconnaissance Technical Group in the late 70’s.
Personal interests include USSA Masters Level Alpine Ski Racing, Tennis, Bicycle Touring and experiencing many different lifestyle locations. Single by choice over 30 years, Barr has moved USAF honorably discharged and decorated veteran having served in the elite, top secret, multinational 548th Reconnaissance Technical Group in the late 70’s.